Terms and Conditions
WRITERSDOMAIN.NET TERMS OF SERVICE
Last Updated September 2014
Last Updated September 2014
THIS WEBSITE IS AN ONLINE SERVICE PLATFORM OWNED AND OPERATED BY SEOTownCenter Inc. DBA WritersDomain.net ('Site')
The following are terms of a legal agreement between you and WritersDomain. By accessing, browsing and/or using this site (“Site”), you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree, to be bound by these terms and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. If you do not agree to these terms, do not access your account or use this site. The material provided on this Site is protected by law, including, but not limited to, United States Copyright Law. Those who choose to access this Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
I. Use of Your WritersDomain Account (Site)
- Authors are given the opportunity to publish their original content written for the purpose of this Site for payment. Accepted articles will be published by writersdomain.net on other websites or in other media depending on the nature and quality of the article.
- The author is an independent contractor hired by us and compensated by us for his/her services.
- There is no guarantee that an article will be published or accepted. It is left to the discretion of Site to reject articles without any comment or reason. We licensed your article to shall have no obligation to publish any of your articles and, if published, the right to cease publication of any of your articles at any time.
- We have certain approval or rejection rights against the original creator of the article.
- Registration for the site may be accepted or rejected with or without reason or cause.
- Accounts may be suspended if the quality of work does not meet minimum thresholds as determined by Site and Site’s editing team.
- Plagiarism is not tolerated. Submission of non-original work, whether plagiarized or reused from your own writings, will result in account suspension and deactivation. ACCOUNTS SUSPENDED FOR PLAGIARISM WILL FORFEIT THE CURRENT/REMAINING BALANCE OWED FOR PREVIOUSLY SUBMITTED AND/OR ACCEPTED WORK.
- Any manipulation or use of this Site contrary to the uses outlined in these Terms and Conditions may result in deactivation your account with or without warning. This includes (but is not limited to) manipulating URLs, manipulating code of the Site, any use of automated tools, Auto-Refresh, plug-ins, programs, robots, etc. that may be used to control or manipulate the Site.
- Each account is to be used by one (1) user. Multiple people using one account is prohibited, regardless of whether such use is concurrent. As the creator of the account, you are wholly responsible for any and all activity related to your account. If multiple people use your account whether by your permission or not, the Site may deactivate your account with or without warning.
II. Terms Of Services Updates and Revisions
This Site may revise and update its Terms Of Services at any time without notice by posting such revised or updated Terms Of Services on or at this Site. Any changes to these Terms Of Services will become effective upon posting such revisions or updates. You are required to periodically check our Terms Of Services for any changes, if you continuously use this Site. Your continued usage of this Site or any of its goods and services will mean that you accept those changes.
III. Access to this Site and Registration
- To access this Site or some of the content it offers or provides you with, you need to first register with this Site and provide us with certain registration data (name, address, e-mail address, etc.) or other information. Such a registration is in particular necessary if you as an writer want to publish texts, lyrics or articles through this Site and want to use the corresponding services of this Site. For registration, please use our online form on this Site.
- By registering with WritersDomain.net, you consent to receive email communication from WritersDomain.net staff regarding your work and membership.
- After registration we will verify the e-mail address you provided us with. We will then ask you to write a short sample article to judge your writing skills. After reviewing this text we will open an writer account on this Site for you.
- The registration data or other information you provide us with MUST be accurate, current, and complete. If this turns out not to be the case, this Site has the unconditional right to refuse you further access to this Site or any of its content or services, and to terminate or suspend your access to or membership with this Site at any time.
- You have in no way a right to be registered with this Site. It is left to our sole discretion, if we want to accept the application by an writer or any other applicant to be registered with this Site.
- You are only allowed to have one (1) WritersDomain account. If you are found to have more than one account, this Site reserves the right to terminate any or all of your accounts with or without warning.
IV. Submitting Articles
- As a registered author you are hired to submit articles to us by typing or pasting them, free of unneeded formatting, into a textbox on your account.
- Each article you submit to us must not infringe upon rights of third persons, in particular copyrights, moral rights, trademarks and service marks, etc. Also, the texts or articles you submit to us must not be pornographic, obscene, slanderous, libelous, or in any way degrading to human nature.
- In case of violation we will have the right to close your account, terminate your membership and deny you further access to our Site.
V. Rights concerning Articles
- The writer's work is made for hire to the exclusive benefit of the owner of this Site. The writer is then compensated by us for his / her services rendered. Out of these services this Site shall have the sole and exclusive right to publish, perform, display, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works and license the author's submitted and accepted texts and/or articles in any type of media, including, but not limited to, print and/or online media, in whole or in part, via all electronic, online, or any other media, now known and hereafter developed, throughout the world, and to license others, in particular customers of this Site, to do the same. The owner of this Site shall have the exclusive right to register copyright of said articles in the name of the owner of this Site or any licensee of the owner of this Site upon first publication.
- The right to create derivative works includes, without limitation, changes to the author's texts and/or articles in any way or form. You agree that we or our licensees are allowed to create said derivative works and publish, perform, display, reproduce, distribute, and sell them without restriction.
- The author waives any moral or personal right to be named as the author of his/her articles.
- It is left to our sole discretion or quality standards if we want to accept a submitted text. The author has no right that his/her articles will be accepted. AUTHOR WILL ONLY BE PAID FOR WORKS ARE THAT ACCEPTED.
VI. Delivery of the Article: Approval / Rejection
- Articles may be rejected for any reason. Improvements may be requested for a delivered article. The Site may also censor, edit, or change work as it sees fit. The writer will still be paid for such work that is edited by Site and later approved and published.
- A rejection by the customer or Site is only possible, if the delivered text or article does not match with the criteria of the order and / or the general quality writing guidelines established by Site. The rejection may be specified in detail by the customer or Site, so that the author can improve the article accordingly. Site is the final say on acception or rejection of any article.
- Instead of rejecting a delivered article, the Site may ask for improvements of the delivered article. In this case the Site has the obligation to specify in detail where exactly he/she sees a need for improvements, so that the author has the chance to improve the article accordingly. The Site has a right to ask for improvements if the content or quality guidelines are not met. This Site will give the author adequate time to improve the article accordingly. The Site may then approve of or reject an improved article or ask for additional improvements according to the conditions as set out under in these Terms and Conditions.
- Site may make changes to the submitted article to better comply with quality and content guidelines given to the writer. If many changes are needed, the article may be accepted and paid at a significantly reduced rate. The number of changes needed is determined by Site.
- The Site may reject a delivered article or ask for improvements. If the Site does not reject the delivered article or asks for improvements, this Site will deem the article approved and will credit the author accordingly.
VII. Payment to the Writer
- For each submitted and accepted article the author will receive a one-time flat-fee payment from us for his / her services rendered according to our payment schedule which you can find under http://www.WritersDomain.net/WriterRates . The payment is calculated out of two factors: (1) quality degree of article. (2) number of finally published words
- Payment is made via PayPal and Writer must have a valid PayPal account in order to get paid.
- Any payments left unclaimed for 180 days for any reason, including but not limited to, invalid PayPal accounts, writer inactivity, or WritersDomain account deactivation will be forfeited by the writer.
- Payment can be requested any time the Writer’s payout amount is greater than $100.00 by clicking the “Pay Me Now” button.
- Payments are made on the 5th of the month for the previous month’s submissions that have been approved but not paid out before the end of the month.
- Articles that we reject according to our own discretion or standards of quality will not be paid or compensated.
- This Site has also no obligation to pay a writer for articles which infringe upon the rights of third persons, including plagiarism. Already made payments to the writer for such articles will have to be paid back to us by the writer. In addition, this Site will claim and enforce any further rights against the author in such a case.
- Authors must maintain a minimum Star Rating to be able to continue to write for WritersDomain.net. A Star Rating is given by Site to authors for each text / article written.
- SUBMISSION OF PLAGIARIZED CONTENT WILL RESULT IN ACCOUNT SUSPENSION. AFTER AN ACCOUNT SUSPENSION DUE TO PLAGIARISM, ANY PREVIOUSLY UNPAID WORK WILL REMAIN UNPAID.
VIII. No Unauthorized Copying of Content on or Submitted to this Site
By using this Site you agree to prevent any unauthorized copying of this Site, or any of the content contained therein, or any of the content submitted to Site. You represent and warrant that you will not illegally download, copy, or redistribute any of the content appearing on or submitted to this Site. You will be obligated to immediately destroy any information or content you have illegally downloaded, printed or otherwise copied from this Site.
IX. Fees (Third Party)
You acknowledge that access to this Site may involve third party fees, such as Internet service provider or airtime charges. You are solely responsible for these fees. In addition, you must provide and are responsible for all equipment necessary to access and use this Site.
X. Links And Advertising
This Site contains or may contain links to other websites, including third-party advertising. We want to highlight that we are not responsible or liable for such other websites or for their Terms Of Services. We do not screen or endorse such other websites. This Site expressly disclaims any liability, directly or indirectly, for any damages whatsoever incurred by any user in connection with the use of any website, the access to which was found through this Site. Please read these Terms Of Services of each and every of such other websites carefully to find out how these other websites offer and condition their goods and services. If you decide to access any such other websites, you do so entirely at your own risk.
XI. Usernames and Passwords
If a username and a password are given to you by this Site, they shall remain the sole and exclusive property of this Site and are issued to you only in the form of a revocable license. You are required to keep the username and password confidential.
- All works and content included, contained or offered on this Site, in particular all literary works, pictorial and graphical works, photographs, images, video and audio clips, audiovisual works, music, button icons and other icons, streaming files and other data, animation or graphics, or any form of software files in object code or source code format are the property of the owners of this Site or their content suppliers and are protected by national and international copyright laws. The aforementioned copyright protection also refers to compilations or all forms of alteration of all content on this Site. We will report and prosecute offenders of our copyrights to the fullest extend of applicable law.
- All logos and other trademarks and service marks which you may find on this Site may be trademark protected by national and international trademark and service mark laws. These trademarks and service marks may not be used publicly except with express written permission from the owner of these trademarks and service marks. You are not allowed to do anything which may cause confusion among consumers with respect to the aforementioned trademarks and service marks.
XIII. Disclaimer of Warranty
THE SERVICE OF THIS Site AND ALL MATERIALS CONTAINED THEREIN ARE PROVIDED ON AN 'AS IS, AS AVAILABLE' BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUALITY, SUITABILITY, TRUTH, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS, TITLE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OTHER THAN THOSE WHICH ARE IMPLIED BY AND INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION UNDER APPLICABLE LAW IN YOUR JURISDICTION. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THIS Site OR ANY OF THE MATERIALS CONTAINED THEREIN IS AT YOUR DISCRETION AND AT YOUR OWN AND SOLE RISK. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY THIS Site OR THE EMPLOYEES OR AFFILIATES OF THIS Site SHALL CREATE OR IMPLY A WARRANTY OR IN ANY WAY INCREASE THE SCOPE OF LIABILITY OF THE OWNERS OF THIS Site. THIS Site MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER ABOUT ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHICH YOU MAY ACCESS THROUGH THIS Site. WHEN YOU ACCESS THROUGH THIS Site ANOTHER WEBSITE, PLEASE BE AWARE THAT IT IS COMPLETELY INDEPENDENT; THIS Site HAS NO CONTROL OVER THE CONTENT ON THAT OTHER WEBSITE. THIS Site IS NOT RESPONSIBLE TO YOU FOR ANY TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS OF DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE USED CONTENT OF THIS Site OR ANY FORM OF WEBSITE DOWNTIME. THIS Site DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS Site WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT DEFECTS IN OR ON THIS Site WILL BE CORRECTED. YOU ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OR USE OF MATERIAL OR DATA WHICH YOU MAY FIND IN OR ON THIS Site.
XIV. Limitation of Liability
1. IN NO EVENT WILL THIS Site OR ITS MEMBERS, MANAGERS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AFFILIATES, AND THE ASSIGNS OF SAME BE LIABLE TO YOU, OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY FOR - ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL, DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS OR GOODWILL, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR INFORMATION, AND THE LIKE, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS Site, THE MATERIALS OR ANY INFORMATION, OR TRANSACTIONS PROVIDED OR OFFERED ON THIS Site OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS Site, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY IS ASSERTED ON THE BASIS OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF THIS Site OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR - ANY CLAIM ATTRIBUTABLE TO ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN OR ON THIS Site, THE MATERIALS AND/OR LISTINGS OR INFORMATION DOWNLOADED, PROVIDED, OR OFFERED THROUGH THIS Site. BECAUSE SOME STATES OR COUNTRIES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THIS Site's LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. 2. THIS Site IS ONLY A PLATFORM. EACH AUTHOR REGISTERED ON OR WITH THIS Site IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR HIS/HER OWN PROFILE AND CONTENT. ALSO, EACH AUTHOR IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE QUALITY, ACCURACY AND LEGALITY OF HIS/HER TEXTS OR ARTICLES. WE EXPLICITLY WANT TO HIGHLIGHT THAT BOTH THE AUTHOR AND THE CUSTOMER SHALL ALWAYS BE AWARE OF AND ABIDE BY THE FTC-RULES, IN PARTICULAR, WITHOUT LIMITATION, "THE GUIDES CONCERNING THE USE OF ENDORSEMENTS AND TESTIMONIALS IN ADVERTISING" (FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION 16 CFR Part 255) WHICH, FOR EXAMPLE, CAN BE FOUND ON THE WEBSITE OF THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (see www.ftc.gov). 3. THIS Site OR ITS MEMBERS, MANAGERS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AFFILIATES, AND THE ASSIGNS OF SAME ARE IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY OF THE AUTHOR'S TEXTS OR ARTICLES SENT THROUGH THIS Site. THIS Site IS IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENCE(S) IF ANY OF THE AUTHOR'S TEXTS OR ARTICLES ARE REJECTED OR DENIED ACCORDING TO THIS Site's STANDARDS OR DISCRETIONS OR IF THE AUTHOR'S TEXTS OR ARTICLES ARE NOT PUBLISHED LATER. 4. THIS Site OR ITS MEMBERS, MANAGERS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AFFILIATES, AND THE ASSIGNS OF SAME ARE IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR THIRD-PARTY SERVICES OFFERED ON OR USED BY THIS Site. THE RESPECTIVE THIRD PARTY, FOR EXAMPLE, PAYMENT SYSTEMS, ETC. IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ITS OWN SERVICES. WE DO NOT WARRANT OR REPRESENT ANY OF ITS SERVICES IN ANY WAY OR FORM.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless this Site, its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, telecommunication providers, and agents, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, and other costs, including, without limitation, reasonable legal, attorneys' and accounting fees, reasonably incurred in the defense of any claim or suit arising out of or otherwise related to these Terms Of Services, including, without limitation, any breach by you of these Terms Of Services. This Site will promptly notify you by e-mail of any such claim or suit, and cooperate fully, at your expense, in the defense of such claim or suit. This Site may participate in the defense of such claim or defense at its own expense, and choose its own attorney or other legal counsel, but is not forced or obligated to do so.
XVI. Force Majeure
This Site is and shall not be responsible or liable for any failure to perform due to unforeseen circumstances or to causes beyond this Site's reasonable control, including but not limited to: - acts of God, such as fire, flood, earthquakes, hurricanes, tropical storms or other natural disasters; - war, riot, arson, embargoes, acts of civil or military authority, or terrorism; - fiber cuts; - strikes, or shortages in transportation, facilities, fuel, energy, labor or materials; - failure of the telecommunications or information services infrastructure; and - hacking, SPAM, or any failure of a computer, server or software.
XVII. No Agency Relationship
Nothing in these Terms Of Services shall be deemed to constitute, create, imply, give effect to, or otherwise recognize a partnership, employment, joint venture or formal business entity of any kind between the author and the owner of this Site. The rights and obligations of the parties shall be limited to those expressly set forth herein.
XVIII. Termination of Membership
Without limiting other remedies, this Site may issue a warning or terminate your access to this Site at any time, with or without advance notice or permission, if - We believe that you have breached any material term of these Terms Of Services; - We are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us; - We decide to stop operating this Site entirely or parts thereof. You agree and acknowledge that neither this Site nor any third party acting on our behalf shall be responsible or liable to you for any termination of your membership or access to this Site. After termination by us, re-registration of you as a user of or on this Site is strictly forbidden. This Site and its affiliates disclaim any and all liability or responsibility arising from fraudulent entry and use of this Site. In case of fraud, we will take all necessary and appropriate actions under applicable federal, state, and international laws.
Any notice required to be given under these Terms Of Services may be provided by e-mail to a functioning e-mail address of the party to be noticed, by a general posting on this Site, or personal delivery by commercial carrier such as FedEx, DHL, or Airborne. Notices by you to us shall be given by e-mail or other electronic messages unless otherwise specified in these Terms Of Services. Any correctly addressed notice to you that is refused, unclaimed, or undeliverable, because of an act or omission of you shall be deemed effective as of the first date that said notice was refused or deemed undeliverable by the postal authorities, messenger, fax machine, e-mail server, or overnight delivery service.
XX. Exclusion of certain international provisions
The owner of this Site and you agree that the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is specifically excluded from application to these Terms Of Services.
XXI. Rights to Injunctive Relief
This Site and you acknowledge and agree that remedies at law may be inadequate to provide an aggrieved party with full compensation in the event of the other party's breach of these Terms Of Services, and that an aggrieved party shall therefore be entitled to seek injunctive relief in the event of any such breach, in addition to seeking all other remedies available at law or in equity.
It is agreed that this Agreement shall be governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Utah. It is agreed that the State of Utah has exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising from this Agreement.
XXIII. Attorney's Fees
In the event any party (you or this Site) shall commence any claims, actions, formal legal action, or arbitration to interpret and/or enforce these Terms Of Services or issues relating thereto, including without limitation claimed breaches of representations and warranties, the prevailing party in any such action or proceeding shall be entitled to recover, in addition to all other available damages or other relief, its reasonable attorney's fees and costs incurred in connection therewith, including attorney's fees incurred on appeal.
XXIV. No Assignment
Neither these Terms Of Services nor any rights or membership granted to you hereunder may be sold, leased, assigned or otherwise transferred, in whole or in part by you.
If any provision of these Terms Of Services shall be held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, or any portion thereof, the remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the maximum extent permissible and the remainder of these Terms Of Services will continue in full force and effect.
XXVI. No Waiver
Failure by either party to enforce any provision of these Terms Of Services will not be deemed a waiver of future enforcement of that or any other provision. No waiver of one breach shall constitute a waiver of subsequent breaches of the same or of a different nature.
XXVII. Entire Agreement
These Terms Of Services constitute the entire agreement between this Site and you with respect to your access and use of this Site and the content contained therein, and your membership with this Site, and supersedes and replaces all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding such subject matter. No amendment to or modification of these Terms Of Services shall be binding unless in writing and signed by both parties. You acknowledge, represent and warrant that you have read these Terms Of Services and agree to be bound by them as part of and in consideration of using this Site and, if you have become a member of this Site, of your membership.
XXVIII. Consumer Rights Information
Users who wish to gain access to the members-only section of this Site must be a member in good standing. This Site posts the current payment-rates for this Site prior to the registration page for this Site. This Site reserves the right to change the payment-rates at any time. Users may contact this Site at: in order to resolve any billing disputes or to receive further information about this Site.